- An introduction to Pitched Battle Profiles and descriptions of the four different types of battlefield role: Artillery, Battleline, Behemoth, and Leader.
- Details on how to use allies in Pitched Battles in the 2021 Season
- Updated Pitched Battle Profiles for every unit, faction, and Grand Alliance in Warhammer Age of Sigmar, as follows:
Order: Cities of Sigmar, Daughters of Khaine, Fyreslayers, Idoneth Deepkin, Kharadron Overlords, Lumineth Realm-lords, Seraphon, Stormcast Eternals, and Sylvaneth.
Chaos: Beasts of Chaos, Blades of Khorne, Disciples of Tzeentch, Hedonites of Slaanesh, Maggotkin of Nurgle, Skaven, and Slaves to Darkness.
Death: Flesh-eater Courts, Nighthaunt, Ossiarch Bonereapers, and Soulblight Gravelords.
Destruction: Gloomspite Gitz, Ogor Mawtribes, Orruk Warclans, and Sons of Behemat.
- Updated Pitched Battle profiles for the 17 endless spells from Malign Sorcery and Forbidden Power.
The General’s Handbook 2021 also comes with a card token board, which contains 14 double-sided tokens as follows:
- 10x Objective / Prime Objectives
- 1x Battle Tactic Token – Broken Ranks / Bring It Down!
- 1x Battle Tactic Token – Aggressive Expansion / Conquer
- 1x Battle Tactic Token – Slay the Warlord / Monstrous Takeover
- 1x Battle Tactic Token – Ferocious Advance / Savage Spearhead